Your job this month is to #findthebox. What’s in the box? A code! You’ll need the code to enter to win the Scavenger Hunt Prize. What’s the prize? One thousand dollars! A big thank you to Tommy’s Express Car Wash in Duluth for making that possible!
Here’s how it works:
There’s a code box hidden in 4 different places. You only need to find ONE. Choose the location nearest you and use the clue to get started.
1. Each code box has been hidden in a public place. We have not tampered with the locations they’ve been placed at. You may find you need to look behind/over/under some things, but you will not need to dig or permanently remove anything to find the box.
2. Once you find the code box, please follow the instructions to place it back exactly where you found it.
- Clue 1: Rock chalk jay Hawk
- Clue 2: Take a short walk to the place where folks gather to gawk.
- Clue 3: X marks the spot where you might have to squat.
- Clue 4: Hawk Ridge is the place to be! You started out looking up high, but now will need to stair low.
- Clue 1: Take a Powers walk over the valley of the shadow of death. You don’t have to fear evil!
- Clue 2: As you enter town, don’t forget to visit Bill and the Missis. You might see some ducks and don’t forget to count them! Maybe you’ll see 23, or maybe 4?
- Clue 3: Don’t reach for the stars—reach behind the bar.
- Clue 4: The Bill Powers Memorial Bridge is the spot to go. It’s not too far–find the verse and reach behind the bar!
- Clue 1: Don’t worry if you hit a wall—you don’t have to be in the big leagues.
- Clue 2: Even John could find the code box.
- Clue 3: Visit the place that rhymes with tenet. If you’re feeling STUMPED, you’re closer than you think you are!
- Clue 4: What rhymes with tenet? BENNETT! That’s the right park, now it’s time to check out the bark. Don’t stall! Be careful not to hit a wall.
- Clue 1: Humpty dumpty didn’t ski at all.
- Clue 2: Instead, he fell off the wall. Did he get wet? You bet!
- Clue 3: This is a quirkie spot and it’s impossible to find the box apart from the rocks.
- Clue 4: The Birkie Trail is the place you wanna be! Now go to the wall and the box you might see.
If you can’t figure out the clue, don’t worry! Every Monday, we’ll add another one to each location. Once you find the code box, enter the code below. You have until July 31st to enter!
Be sure to join us on our Facebook page on August 2nd! We will do a live Facebook video at noon to draw the winner.
*PLEASE NOTE that each code box has been hidden in a public place and we have not tampered with the locations they’ve been placed at.