Executive producer and cartoonist Butch Hartman brings a needed stress reliever to us all: Humor!
Now if you don’t have a sense of humor, get one. You are probably taking life too seriously and need to laugh at yourself and others at least once in awhile.
Humor has many benefits:
• It is a self-care tool that fosters a positive and hopeful attitude.
• It releases emotions and stimulates the immune system.
• It decreases the risk of heart attack.
• It relieves tension and calms people down.
Furthermore, studies at Cornell University found that people exposed to humor in the workplace were not only more creative problem-solvers, but could also better see the consequences of their individual decisions.
Now, I’m not suggesting you laugh off serious matters in your life. I don’t want you denying or avoiding problems. I’m simply saying that maintaining a sense of humor helps during serious times.
So, next time you feel stressed
• Try to laugh (Even forcing a laugh reduces stress!).
• Take a different perspective and try humor.
• Rent a silly movie.
• Tell a joke.
• Tickle someone.
• Play a crazy game.
You get the idea. Laughter may just might make you a healthier you! So thanks Butch Hartman for all the Nickelodeon cartoons you gave us through the years. Laughter is good medicine!