Sooner or later you’ll determine when your child or young adult can engage in social media – and it will help immensely if you’re both on the same page as far as your expectations for their behavior. iMom has done the work for you and has come up with a printable Social Media Contract that you can download from their site. You both review and agree on the rules and also your own set of consequences for breaking those rules.
Here’s a sampling of some of the rules:
- I will ask my parents’ permission before joining any social media site.
- I will allow my parents to set my privacy settings and parental control settings on all of my accounts.
- I will give my parents my passwords for all of my social media accounts.
- I will NOT post or share: my name, age, address, school, interests, or other personal information, without my parents’ permission.
- I will NOT post or share photos of myself without my parents’ permission.
- I will NOT post or share offensive or inappropriate images, language, video, or other content.
Leave a comment